Tuesday, October 4, 2016

MRI

August 4, 2016 8:30am Juleyana had her first MRI and had to be put under general anesthesia. As parents, we were so anxious for the 2hrs that it took for her MRI. It took longer than normal because they did an abdominal MRI as well. Once she was out, she did very well during recovery. I never held and squeezed her so tight while planting 10000 kisses on her. When we left they told us it could take 2 weeks for results and they would review on our next appointment (2 months out)...what!?! I work in the medical field that is a joke. MRI takes hours to read...weeks for them to decide who, when and how results would be processed. I called the following week and demanded results. I  got that dreaded call from the Neurology department. The words they spoke I can recite, "we found something on the MRI, but there is no immediate intervention. Dr Yu would like to see you sooner than September 30th we can move your appointment to August 24th." My thoughts were, first breakdown and cry, second, you can't tell me that and leave me to ponder for 2 weeks before our appointment. I told the lady get me the doctor I need explanation. Next phone call was the following Monday, Dr says they found White Matter Hypoplasia no intervention needed. I broke down in tears and fell apart. It took a few days to get it together. Everything I/we read on the Internet was horrific. So for the next few weeks, I vowed to stay off google and wait to see what experts had to say.Abdominal MRI turned out normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment